Saturday, September 10, 2016

Janine Healy from Bigfoot Nation needs your help to fight Blood Cancer!


Janine Healy from the YouTube series, Bigfoot Nation, is walking for Light the Night, a blood cancer fundraiser on September 16th in Seaside Park, New Jersey, and here is how you can help! 

Janine says: 
My 26 year old daughter is a survivor of Lymphoma (a blood cancer). By donating, you will be helping fund Lymphoma/Leukemia research to help find a cure. Thank you for bringing us all closer to living in a world without blood cancers! And by the way, All moneys go directly to LLS Leukemia/Lymphoma Society,LLS.
One person is diagnosed every 3 min with a form of blood cancer. This year an estimated 8,500 people in US are diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma. An estimated 11,120 deaths occur a year from this disease. However, the survival rate has gone up in the past 40 years thanks to treatment improvements.

Kayleigh says:
At the age of 25 the last thing I ever thought I would hear the words “You have cancer.” I went to the doctor after finding a rather large (but painless) lump under my arm. After weeks of testing and a biopsy, it turned out to be stage IV Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I had no obvious symptoms other than the swollen lymph node under my arm, but the cancer had spread to my lungs and bone marrow.
I immediately started treatment- 6 rounds of ABVD chemotherapy, followed by a month of radiation to my chest. While modern medicine has come a long way and Hodgkin’s can be treated effectively, the treatments still take quite a toll on your body both during and afterwards. Now more than ever I know how important it is to pay attention to your body, and to get anything suspicious checked out. Even if you feel “okay” or it seems silly, because you never know!

Click here to give your support http://pages.lightthenight.org/nj/seaside16/WalktheWalk

No comments:

Post a Comment