Saturday, May 7, 2016

Editorial - Mother's Day


Since its Mother’s Day on Sunday, I thought I would talk about looking for signs of mom if she’s no longer with you. I’m lucky to have my mom, but many, sadly no longer have their beloved mother’s. This is a good day to look for signs that your mom is with you.

Maybe she wore a special perfume that has a smell you’ll never forget. Have you smelled it in the past and thought, gee I know that fragrance? Rest assured that your mom was with you at that moment. I have a few friends whose moms smoked.  All of a sudden they will smell cigarette smoke in a room of their house. No one in the house smokes and they can’t figure out why. It was just mom saying hello and trying to get their attention.

So as you go about your day, don’t let the small things go unnoticed. There are so many things that may happen that will remind of you your mom. If it makes you think of your mom and smile, then it’s her way of letting you know she’s with you.

Our loved ones never really leave us. We may not have them in the psychical form anymore, but we have them in our hearts and our memories. This week I took my mother to cemetery so we could put out flowers for my dad, and both sets of grandparents. It was actually some nice bonding time with my mom. We laughed and told different stories as we put out the flowers.

Mother’s Day doesn’t need to be sad. Remember the fun and the good times. However, if this is a sad day for you, this might be a good time to try and heal your heart and soul. Do something in memory of your mom that she would like. You just might find it healing and enjoyable at the same time.

I want to wish all Mother’s past, present and future a Happy Mother’s Day.

DeeCee Salter

You can follow me on Twitter @thecryptoblast
or on Facebook here.

1 comment: