Sunday, March 20, 2016

Editorial - One Bad Ghost...Does it Spoil the Whole Haunt?


Even in the paranormal world there always seems to be a bad apple in the barrel. I know this has not only happened to me but many other women too; and some of you men out there. So I’m just going to get this out of my system now.

First, I have enjoyed meeting all kinds of new people and reading about their experiences. I’ve even had some great conversations with them. But then there comes the one lurking out there. They chat with you and you think, ‘hey, I’m going to enjoy learning from the person’. Then they strike. They want to know if you are interested in getting to know each other more and see where it takes us.

This is not true of all people, so I’m not painting with a broad brush here. I have to say that I should have listened to my gut feeling. It never steers me wrong. I had a feeling with the start of the conversation that something wasn’t right. However, I also like to give the benefit of the doubt.

To continue with that conversation I replied that I was interested in exchanging ideas and talking about the paranormal, but nothing more. Then I was hit with such vitriol that I became quite angry. Needless to say, I simply responded by the removing and blocking of that account.

I even chatted with someone about this to get a male perspective. His response was enlightening because I have never thought of it this way. He said that he (the bad apple) sees me as attractive and that’s what drove the conversation. Now, let me say I’m flattered if you find my visual appearance as pleasing. That’s not who I am. This is how my spirit saw fit to bring me back to continue learning my life’s lessons.

I’ve been trying to get in tune with my inner self; that part most people call intuition or gut feeling. I believe that this encounter was teaching me to listen to my inner voice. That voice is there to help you if you will listen to it.

I get a ‘feeling’ to either choose something or do something. It’s when I don’t listen to that feeling; I’ve made a wrong decision. So it’s time for me to get serious about listening to my inner voice. I need to learn to relax and focus on my inner self. It will be a struggle between my mind and my intuition, but I need to train my mind to trust my inner self.

So I’m glad all of the above happened because it has made me aware that I need to trust my inner self. It’s really the one person you can always count on!

DeeCee Salter

No comments:

Post a Comment