Sunday, February 28, 2016

Editorial: Is There Life After Death?


There’s a lot of conversation out there about life after death; that the spirit lives on and goes on to other things. Some believe that once you cross over, you review the actions you took in your life and see how it affected others.

I do believe that we live on long after we have left our life vessel. I believe that we can come back and visit family and friends, although they may not be aware of it. You just have to know how to identify the signs.

I can only speak from my personal experiences. My father’s lucky number was 13. When he was laid to rest, it turned out to be the 13th day of the month. It was not planned that way, that’s how it happened. Then there was time my mother was in the hospital and they were taking her for a test. I went along with her in the elevator. I just happened to turn and look and saw that the elevator number was 13. I smiled and said thank you to my dad for being there with us.

I see the number 13 in many unexpected ways and each time I realize it, I smile and I know at that very moment my dad is with me. It’s very comforting to me. There are other ways our loved ones let us know they are there. They come to us in dreams; they are visitation dreams. I don’t have them often but when I do I feel much better.

I had a visitation dream with my dad only a couple of days after his death. He never spoke in the visit, but I knew he was OK because he smiled at me and with him was my grandmother whom I loved so very much. You might think I had that dream because the loss of my dad was so fresh. I don’t believe that at all.

It’s not just people who visit us, it’s our pets too. I’ve had a few visitation dreams with my kitty cat. I had that fur child for 25 years and he was the best. When he comes and pays a visit and he will purr for me. He doesn’t let me get close to him in the dream but he at least I know he’s OK and someday I’ll see him again.

I believe our family members come for us when it’s time. A very close family member told me that her family had come for her but she told them she wasn’t ready, it wasn’t time she had more to do. She told me because she knew that I believed in the spirits and that they come for us. She didn’t want me to say anything to anyone else because she didn’t want people to think she had lost her mind.

Then, a few months later she knew it was time. I could feel the energy in the room. She was on oxygen and she looked right at me and told me that she was so tired. I told her to get some rest and she would feel better in the morning. She just said, no, I’m just so tired. Then I understood and I told her it was OK and that we would all be OK. That energy I felt in the room was her family and all of them came to take her home. Very early in the morning we got that call that she has passed. I was heartbroken but I knew she wasn’t afraid and she wasn’t alone.

There are other signs that the time is close and that your loved one will be leaving soon. Many people have been with their loved ones and experienced the one sided conversation. Trust me, it’s not the meds, they are talking with people they know who are on the other side. I personally have not experienced this, but I have family members who have. They listened to the one sided conversation and were able to determine who they were talking with. They knew that the living soul was being prepared to cross over.

Take the time to look for the signs of a departed family member letting you know they are there. It could be a coin on the ground or a feather. But it has to be something that was meaningful to them. For me it’s the number 13 and how it relates to my dad.

Open your mind and don’t be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment