Monday, May 1, 2017

This woman loves Bigfoot!


Her name is Mardi Link and she is a believer in Bigfoot. She has watched all the Bigfoot TV shows and is a local columnist in Traverse City, Michigan, and wrote an article on Bigfoot.

By Mardi Link from The Record Eagle

In the woods not far from where I grew up, they’re looking for Bigfoot. In between my favorite pine forest and the lush riverbanks where painted turtles once dodged my butterfly net, they’re hunting the myth. Farmers and small game hunters, psychics and seers, television producers and cops, they’re all searching for proof this wild hominid ancestor really exists.

Because of my surname, Bigfoot and I are repeatedly asked the same question: “Are you the missing link?”

I never know quite how to answer, except to say the only time I ever went missing was the summer before fifth grade, after reading, "My Side of the Mountain," the kid’s story about a city boy who runs away to the woods, lives in a hollow tree, makes pancakes out of acorns, and befriends an injured hawk. That is still one of my favorite books, even though I only lasted two days.


For those with a cable hook-up, there is “Bigfoot Bounty,” “Mountain Monsters,” “Mantracker,” and “Finding Bigfoot” available for your viewing pleasure. I am here to tell you, I’ve watched them all.

I am Mardi and I am a Bigfoot Believer.

I’m telling you this now, because here in Michigan spring is the time to be on the lookout for the great ape. And I certainly wouldn’t want you to miss an opportunity for a sighting.

Don’t be like the 52-year-old guy from Midland...

No comments:

Post a Comment