Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Something hairy lives among us: Bigfoot


Darned Bigfoot, always getting in the yard and leaving a mess.

One late summer evening, I glanced through the kitchen window to see an enormous, 8-foot-tall creature standing in the moonlight in my backyard, picking through the garden for ripe tomatoes. I remember the darkness, the odor, the sound of heavy breathing by this mysterious creature as he gently squeezed my tomatoes. As I shooed him away, the hairy biped scissor-stepped the back fence and loped off toward Harmon Park.

Darned Bigfoot, always getting in the yard and leaving a mess.

This post was written by Rick Brown from The Kearney Hub

I bring up this random event to remind readers of the Nebraska Bigfoot Conference in Hastings from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today (Saturday) at the C3 Hotel at 2205 Osborne Drive E. While some people might sense a whiff of snarkiness in my account, rest assured that I abandoned the anti-Bigfoot bandwagon long ago.

As for my Bigfoot sighting, I later had to recant my observation. The creature I spotted in the yard turned out to be a rather large tomcat, illuminated from behind by a neighbor’s yard light. I was discouraged, but I’m not giving up.

The more power to those who wish to believe in Bigfoot or his cousin from Canada, Sasquatch — those large, hairy, bipedal humanoid creatures that resemble me in a bathing suit. The desire to believe in something compels us to look beyond ourselves and beyond the powers of science and reason to a place where anything can happen. Forget that researchers have yet to discover a single Bigfoot carcass. Disregard that no one has ever struck one of these creatures with a car late at night along some lonely country road.

If only thousands of deer could say the same.

Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment