Thursday, August 18, 2016

"Don't let it in..."


The Fouke Monster, also known as the Southern Sasquatch, is a legendary cryptid reported near the town of Fouke in Miller County, Arkansas, during the early 1970s. The creature was accused of attacking a local family. Initial sightings of the creature were concentrated in the Jonesville/Boggy Creek area, where it was blamed for the destruction of local livestock. Later, sightings were made several hundred miles to the north and the east of Fouke.

From the book: "Encounters With the Strange and Unexplained" by Matt Hoyle.

"I heard the Fouke monster when I was a little girl. I was getting ready to go to bed when I heard something hollering. I put my ear up against the window screen and I heard it growl three times. They always say the monster growls three times. It scared me so bad. I was pacing back and forth in my room. My daddy was out with his clan and I kept thinking, 'Oh no, it's going to get in the house.' I wanted to lock the door but then my daddy wouldn't be able to get in. I'd been hearing about the Fouke Monster all my life and when I heard it for real, it just terrified me."

Karen Fouke,
Arkansas

No comments:

Post a Comment